CIMOGG Application Form for Membership
CIRCULAR NO. 2009/1 – APPLYING FOR MEMBERSHIP & FORM AFM
1. Every person who is desirous of becoming a Member of CIMOGG may submit his/her application addressed to the undersigned. Application Form is given below. Applications will generally be tabled at the next meeting of the Executive Council & Advisory Council.
2. Current subscription rates are as follows :
- Annual Subscription – Rs 500.00
- Life Membership Fee – Rs5,000.00
Annual subscriptions shall fall due and be paid before the end of January of each calendar year. Members who choose to pay the Life Membership Fee shall be freed thereafter of the obligation to pay any further subscriptions. Upon cessation of Membership, for whatever reason, the affected Member shall not be entitled to claim a refund of either a part or the whole of the Annual Subscription or the Life Membership Fee paid by the said Member.
3. The Council may propose at an AGM that it would be appropriate to confer Honorary Membership of CIMOGG (retroactively, if required) on any Council Member who has rendered valuable services to CIMOGG. Honorary Members shall be exempt from the payment of subscriptions and fees but shall retain their voting rights.
4. The Honorary Secretary and Treasurer shall jointly maintain a list of Life Members, Members and Honorary Members. For record purposes, there shall be a separate list giving the names of those Founder Members who have continued their commitment to CIMOGG and its objects.
5. Those Members who are in a position to do so are urged to make cash donations to CIMOGG, over and above their subscriptions, to meet day-to-day administrative costs and to help develop urgently required infrastructural facilities, of which the most basic ones are currently being provided virtually free of cost by others. This arrangement cannot be considered to be a permanent one nor even remotely adequate to support the proposed People Empowerment Programme. All
donations will be accounted for separately by the Treasurer and the details set out in the Monthly Accounts.
6. Members are also encouraged to apprise non-Members of CIMOGG=s origins and objects and persuade them to contribute financially to enable the People Empowerment Programme to be to be brought into practical operation as soon as possible. All non-Members who have internet facilities should be introduced to the CIMOGG Website at www.cimogg-srilanka.org
Air Vice-Marshal (rtd) A.B. Sosa